Tuesday, May 17, 2005

UPDATE MAY 17TH 2005

Last night was rough started feeling bad during treatment yesterday and continued on the downward slide through the evening. Nausea, headache, and vomiting consisted of the evening events. Did not sleep very well. Felt a lot better this morning. Went to doctor at 10am to learn how to give myself shots. I am now receiving G-CSF (Neupogen) shots. These shots put your bones in overdrive producing white blood cells. I get 4 between each treatment. Side effects include Flu-like symptoms, chills, fever, fatigue, muscle aches, bone pain, and decreased appetite. I can deal with these side effects, the alternative is to stop chemo and with Hodgkins your success rate drops off if you interrupt treatments. So I am lucky they have this relatively new drug. Its a life saver. The nurse also gave me some new nausea medicine today. It is called zofran. It is a high dollar medicine that is suppose to work well. Amy's mother Mary made me some chicken and noodles that I can freeze and eat later. Tried some today for lunch, very good, thanks Mary. Again I would like to let everybody know that your comments are very welcome and help me make it through each day. I have had questions about looking at all the post use Archives to get to them. Thanks again. As the doctor once told me," I am going to make you sick to make you better." Bring it on chemo, bring it on cancer, I will win. Tip of the day, remove all negative people from your life (TOXIC PEOPLE).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that at any point you need someone to sit with you or to come over to help you out, please let us know. Don't be afraid to ask for help because we are all here for you. It is a long, discouraging road, and there will be many times you'll want to quit. But don't give up, hang in there, and find some comfort in knowing that you have many friends and family who love you and will support you in any way they can. We're still waiting for those bracelets and anxious to wear them to show our support for you.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing well with the Neupogen, it is definitely better than delaying treatment. Get your hands on some good drugs should you have severe bone pain.

Sounds like your attitude rocks. Kicking cancer's butt is the only option. :)

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason
Sorry I haven't wrote in a couple days. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling very good. Hopefully by the weekend you'll be feeling better. Again I can't emphasize how proud I am of you, and if you need anything please let us know. Take care and may God Bless You!!
Lots of love Deborah & family

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason-Just wanted to let you know we are still praying for you everyday. I'm glad you got the portacath, and I hope you are having a good day!
Love-Scott, Heather, Jay and Ellie

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home