Wednesday, May 11, 2005

LUCKY VS. UNLUCKY MAY 11 2005 (THOUGHT OF THE DAY)

I often sit and think what all this means to me. Well I have not been sleeping well the last few nights with a lot on my mind. In a way I feel guilty and in another way a little lucky. Dont get me wrong "CANCER SUCKS". I feel so bad for the people with cancer who don't get a second chance. I have recently read journals from some very strong people who lost their battle to Hodgkin's some of them very young. I have had people ask me, " do you ever ask why me?". Dont' you ever get angry for having cancer after everything you have been through? Honestly, I can answer that by saying, "why not me." Earlier I said something about luck. Am I lucky or unlucky? I have to say I am a very lucky person with cancer, if that is possible. My example of unlucky would be a police officer being shot and killed protecting people and never having a second chance or saying goodbye. They say God never gives you more than you can handle. After going through a divorce last year I told myself I can make it through anything. Well, I sure would of liked to have a little more time before the next test came, but oh well. I just want everyone to truly know how special life is and to not let those little things consume you. Material things are not important. However things like family, fishing, vacations, walks, sunsets, laughing, watching your children grow up into adults are very important. People take these things for granted everyday, I did. A recent George Straight song says it all, " I never saw a hearse with a luggage rack". Thats for damn sure. So live each day as it were your last and own the decisions you make in your life because you have to live with them. My thoughts and prayers to all the people out there fighting cancer. FIGHT 2 WIN......and MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home