Monday, May 09, 2005

UPDATE MAY 10TH, 2005

Eight days since my last treatment. This has certainly been the roughest time since treatment started. Sleeping is getting to be a hard thing to do. Some of the nausea meds do cause insomnia. Just felt a little under the weather since the last treatment. Having a lot of numbness in hands and fingers. Also a lot of pain and soreness on the inside of both arms near elbow region. This was area that burned a lot during treatments. Have been applying Emu oil to area. They said it works I guess it helps. Im glad an Emu is able to help someone. Had lab work yesterday must still be doing ok have not heard anything. Still scheduled for surgery on Thursday to have port put in. Its going to be great not to get stuck anymore. Overall Im worn out and ready to get the next one over with that will be the halfway point. Its downhill from there. Had my daughters Mallory and Avery tonight. They are awesome. Talking about something worth fighting for, that's it. Thanks again for all the comments you don't know how much it helps to hear from everyone. (Blogger education: To see all post use Archive section) Also this site can now be found on search engines Ex. Yahoo type in( Above and Beyond Hodgkin's).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

Its Eric again. Don't worry about the hair loss thing. Zach always makes fun of me because I am 22 and going bald already, so I hope that the Mr. Clean look is in. At least your hair will grow back. Also, my girlfriend's aunt had a battle with breast cancer not long ago. Her hair used to be straight and blonde, but grew back dark and curly. You might end up with a blonde afro and look like Napolean Dynamite!! Anyway, continue being strong and keep on fighting. Tell your dad that I said he needs to grow his beard back out so that he looks like Santa Clause again.

Eric Wiedower

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason;
What a year you've had - there are days that I am amazed at how you do it. Your courage and outlook on everything is truly an inspiration to me. Todd and I are so proud of you - I hope you know that we will do ANYTHING you need us to do for you. I would be honored if you were to ask me to sit with you during one of your treatments.

You have so many people who love you and care for you so much. Mallory and Avery are so lucky to have such a loving and caring father. No-one can ever love a child like a parent can and you show that every day. Taryn and Tanner both have your BLOG on their computers and read it daily when you have updates. They are able to have a better understanding of what you are going through - you know kids, they don't want to ask alot of questions when adults are upset - they show their emotions so differently than adults - they are basically reacting the same way they did with the divorce - scared, mad and just not sure what to say. But please know that they pray for you every night and think of you every day.

I've never been at a loss for words have I, so I'll wrap up for today. I thank God everyday that I was blessed with a wonderful family when I married Todd - I gained 3 more wonderful parents and 2 more wonderful brothers. Thanks for the blessings you share with us every day.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,
Zach told me about this website, so I thought I would check it out. I am amazed by your courage. This is such a great way to educate people and keep the many people who care about you updated on your fight against cancer. Continue to stay strong and have a positive attitude. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cari

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami gave me the website and I am very inspired by your journal. My uncle is fighting colon cancer at the moment. It is spreading to alot of his other organs but he is a fighter. I wanted to let you know that he had the port put into his chest as well and is very pleased with the procedure. He has said that he recomends the port to anyone who has to go through cancer treatments.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,
Each time I read something you have wrote you impress me that much more. You are so strong and brave. God has definitly laid his hands upon you. May God be with you tommarow as you go thru this surgery. And each day after. He is truely an awesome God. All our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love Richard, Deborah, Ginny & Nate

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home