Tuesday, May 31, 2005

TREATMENT FIVE

ABVD MAY 31st 2005

Another treatment down and three more to go. Had lab work done this morning, met with doctor, and had treatment. White blood count was the best it has been for a while. I only have to take two booster shots before my next treatment. Doctor said that everything appears to being going okay.

The treatment took about three hours and forty five minutes. Had some trouble with port at the beginning. Nurse could not get blood to back flow out of port. I was getting ready to have to go in for x-rays when port finally started doing what it was suppose to do. I didn't eat during treatment. Probably a good thing the guy next to me was throwing up. I felt like I could have joined him. Im feeling a little like crap right now. I am very tired and the nausea is kicking in.

The doctor said that I should be very tired that this is a rough chemo to be on. So I guess in reality even though I have not felt the best I am tolerating it pretty well. Also I don't really have a choice. I believe more than ever 80-90% of this battle is mental. Its hard to stay positive and feel good when they are pumping poison into your body and you think to yourself this should really be making me sick. You have to tell yourself I will be okay there is a reason for this feeling sick and in less than three months I will join the cancer free club and will write the word remission in this blog. There has been about four people from the message board I am a member of that joined the cancer free club this week. It helps to see others get there.

To the people starting treatments who have just been diagnosed with Hodgkin's be strong. Just face the fact that it will get worse before it gets better. Everyone that goes through this gets tired of the treatments some where along the way. Your human not superman. It is ok to feel that way but don't let it last long. Pick yourself up and keep fighting. I went through that feeling the last couple weeks. Im on the down hill side of this battle now.

I still receive many messages and comments from friends, family, and other Hodgkin's killers. I appreciate it. I know sometimes it may be hard to know what to say. I know it was always hard for me to know what to say to others when I was in your position. It's really not what you say it is just knowing you are there. I am very lucky to have wonderful friends and family.

What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger. Killing cancer one day at a time. Thanks again for you prayers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

Glad to hear your starting to feel better and that everything is down here from here. Some night we'll have to go wet a line, in hunt of a lunker.
Love,
Your little bro

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason;
Had every intention of getting over to see you during your treatment on Tuesday - but unfortunatetly wasn't able to get away from work. I am so proud of your attitude and how strong you have been. The countdown is on for all of this to be over soon. When it is we need to have one heck of a party for all of those that love you and have supported you not only with your cancer but all the other hell you've had to deal with the last year.
Keep fighting - your an inspiration to a lot of people - even people you don't know - I know of 10 - 12 ppl at work that read your blog every day and mention to me that they are praying for you.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home