Thursday, June 16, 2005

UPDATE JUNE 16TH 2005

Wish I had something new to report, however the week after chemo blues remain. Sleeping pills have been helping to get some rest. Nausea seems to get worse with each round. I think I have tried all the meds they have and none seem to work much better than the other. Time seems to be the only healer. It's Thursday, so by Saturday I will hopefully be feeling much better. Have continued working and only missed two days of work so far. Still have hair and still losing some of the weight that I gained at first. My doctor said that the main side affect of ABVD chemo these days is fatigue, or that is what is most reported. He said prior to 1992 it was nausea and vomiting. He said patients used to throw up when they would see him in public prior to the advances in nausea meds. Its 2005 and I could still throw up on him. I can start to see the light, about 2 months left and this will be memories. They say if all the scans are good after chemo and radiation goes as planned I will be in remission. Five years without a relapse I can say I'm cured. What a lucky guy I will be and I can never forget that!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home