Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tips for Cancer Patients, Friends and Family

Through some of my research I have gathered information that I think is very important. This information is for people fighting cancer and their friends and family. I have chosen some tips that I feel would be most beneficial. The purpose of this site is not just to tell my story. This site is to help others who are fighting cancer and their families. I knew nothing about cancer when this started and my family knew very little. Though my journey is long and has been tough, the knowledge I have gained is worth every step I have taken good or bad. Hopefully these tips will help new cancer patients, and their families to make their journey a little easier.

HOW CAN FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND CO-WORKERS HELP

1) Keep in touch. Send cards, hats, or any message of hope.

2) Provide home cooked meals that they can freeze and eat later.

3) Gift certificates to area restaurants.

4) Cash is helpful for miscellaneous needs, medical bills, etc.

5) Gift boxes with movies, popcorn, and candy.

6) Fund raisers ( Dinners with raffles and Door prizes).

7) Seek out positive survivor stories and share them.

8) Don't assume a person with cancer wants to be left alone.

9) Stay connected. Take the time to make contact or visit cancer patient. Just knowing people are there helps.


TIPS FOR THE CANCER KILLER

1) Relax while taking treatments, bring friends and family along. Don't think that the drugs are toxic

2) The cost of the treatments are overwhelming even with insurance. Remember you are worth it.

3) You will not have all the bad symptoms they list.

4) Stay ahead of nausea. Take meds before you feel sick. Try new drugs if one doesn't work for you.

5) Chewing on ice during treatments can help prevent mouth sores.

6) If your tired "REST". Chemo is some tough stuff. Let other people help you. When you get down remember LIFE IS WORTH THE FIGHT.

7) WASH YOUR HANDS a lot. Your white blood count will get very low and you can get sick easy.

8) Pamper and reward yourself. Take small trips during chemo and plan a I kicked cancers ass party and vacation after its all over. You deserve it.

9) Avoid toxic people, negative people they are out there.

10) Never lose faith or hope. Believe in miracles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home