Monday, June 13, 2005

TREATMENT # 6 JUNE 13TH 2005

ABVD TREATMENT # 6


Only two more to go and I will be chemo free. Met with doctor this morning at 0830 hours. They drew blood and tested it. My counts were way up to a 14 for my White Blood Count. That's above normal and up from 6.2 last treatment. So the booster shots are working. Mallory and Avery thought the shots were pretty interesting until I had to stick myself. They ran into their bedroom before that happened. The doctor prescribed me some new nausea medicine I think it was Reglan. I told the nurse and she rolled her eyes and gave me a new box of Zofran. Zofran is the new expensive medicine so I'm thankful my nurse likes me. He also prescribed me sleeping pills. Ambien is the drug of choice. I hope they work I cant remember the last good night of sleep I have had. The doctor examined my neck. I asked him about the swelling still present there. He said the swelling is from the surgery and from his examination there are no longer any swollen lymph nodes in that area. They are gone. That's a good sign. Told him I have experienced some shortness of breath. He said they will do x-rays before next treatment to check lungs. It is pretty common for one of the chemo drugs to cause lung damage. So people have to have that one drug pulled out of treatments towards the end. We will see what happens. Had several visitors to the chemo room today. Tami Barker and John Walton visited. Amy was there for most all of the treatment.

The treatment went Okay. It was fairly quick. I didn't eat and had a sip of water during the treatment. Feeling tired, stomach hurts and a massive headache now that I have returned home. Other than that life is great.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason;
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to sit with you for a while yesterday during your treatment. I told Todd I could sit there and just see you look more tired with each drip, but I had to think also that you are killing the cancer with each drip also. Every scary thought has to be followed by a positive thought. I know you keep hearing this from other people, but I am truly inspired by how strong you seem - I could only hope that I could be half as strong as you are if I ever had to go through the same thing.
The After chemo party will be one to remember I am sure - A hangover will probably feel darn good compared to how you have felt the past few months.
We love you!
Todd, Tami, Taryn and Tanner

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home