Thursday, August 04, 2005

RADIATION TO BEGIN AUGUST 4TH 2005

Well four days into remission and all is well. I kicked cancers ass. Im a survivor.

Met with radiation doctor yesterday and they went over radiation and marked me for treatments. By marking I mean they lay you on a table like a CT scan take pictures of your insides and mark you with markers and tattoos. I had 6 temporary marks and only 1 permanent tattoo. The only time you get a tattoo and your Mom doesn't get mad. Actually it is very small. It took about 25 minutes to get marked. Before they start the put a warm mask over your face and it forms to your face. It has small openings like a small fish net. After it is put on they attach it to the table and you can't move your head. It sucked. I am claustrophobic and it tested me. I was in the mask for about 20-25 minutes. I about ripped it off at first but I made it. So I go back next Tuesday and start treatments. I get 17 total treatments and will be done on August 31st. They are treating all the lymph nodes around my neck and under my arms. I had many questions like why are you treating under my arms if I never had cancer there? That's the next place it would spread and they want to make sure if by chance there was a cell or two its gets zapped by radiation. Its seems all with radiations is precautionary. I would probably most likely be fine without it, but with it Im 99% okay. I think Im lucky if I was female I would get 2 more cycles of chemo instead of radiation. The risk of radiation for females is much greater than it is for males. I don't want anymore Chemo. So I will try rads. The side effects for me I'm told will be low. I am receiving a very low dose of radiation. I was told it will feel like a sunburn and I may get a lump feeling in the throat and a sore throat. They said the more serious side effects usually start about the time I will be finishing up my treatment. Treatment will be done 5 days a week and take 3-5 minutes. I will be having a big party in Sept sometime better see you all there. I am inviting all my neighbors so nobody can call and complain about the noise. Also hope to see you August 13th at the benefit concert. If you would like to donate and cant make it feel free to use the donate button on this site. There will also be a silent auction for 4 Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State football tickets that were donated by my dad. Have a good weekend.

I will keep posting until radiation is done. After radiation I will no longer post. That is the end of my fight against this disease. It is time to move on and put cancer behind me. Another curve ball that's been hit out of the park. Although I will not in medical terms cured until 5 years without a relapse Im not going to sit around and wait. As far as I am concerned Im cured. You can be assured I will have a closing post soon.

THANKS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home