Friday, July 08, 2005

UPDATE JULY 8TH 2005

It has been a while since I posted. Been feeling ok since my last treatment. I probably tolerated this last better than any of them. I'm sure getting close to the end helps too. Three more days until Chemo # 8. That is the last one. Radiation will begin soon. Don't really not what to expect. Been doing a lot of research. Im not sure that helps. Some say don't do it. Some say do it. I say, if they have a way to cure me and significantly reduce the chance of relapse Im doing it. I trust my doctor he is probably one of the best around. He has discussed side effects and said they are low. He said being a male involves a lot less risk than being female when it comes to radiation. I will have an increased chance of secondary cancers, and leukemia but the chances are very low and usually occur a long way down the road. The positive thing is it kills cancer and thats what we are worried about right now. I am going to put some information on the blog about radiation and about the treatments when I find out more. Have to go give myself a shot. FUN

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jason,
We are very proud of you for all of your courage to fight this terrible cancer and are very happy for you that it is coming to an end. We are excited to see you on Aug. 13. We hope we can fill that theater.
Take care of yourself and we will see ya soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love ya,
Sandy & Mike

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,
I am glad you are feeling better. I am sure that knowing you have one more treatment helps you feel better mentally also. We are just getting relaxed into our new house. If their is anything I can do to help you out for the benefit on the 13th please let me know. May God Bless you each day. Lots of Love Deborah & family

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home