Wednesday, September 07, 2005

"THE DEMON IS OUT" SEPTEMBER 8TH 2005

Yes, my port is gone. Had to be at hospital at 0530 this morning. Surgery was at 0830 and took about 30 minutes. They put me to sleep so it went good. A little sore this evening but it feels so good to have it gone.

I'm doing a little better today. My taste is still gone, but my attitude is back where it should be. I have been told I should not put bad things on this site or talk about what could have happened. However, I think it is important for people to know just how bad Hodgkin's disease can be. Sure if you have to have cancer it is a better one to have, but no cancer is good. Nearly 1500 out of 7000 people who get it each year die. This includes recent information from a web forum that I visit daily. Rachel http://rachel-barnes.memory-of.com/about.aspx, age 22, passed away after fighting Hodgkins for 3 1/2 years. Her mother created the site above it is incredible. It reminds me just how lucky I am.

There are happy stories also. Alese Coco also in her early 20's was given a 10% chance of living one year after her third battle with Hodgkin's. She is alive and through the use of new drugs she is holding her own and killing cancer. Her fight is not over but everyday past one year will be a victory. I have met a lot of people fighting Hodgkin's through the computer. Cancer has changed there life, its made them better people...FIGHT 2 WIN. The majority people with this cancer win, but that does not mean we can forget the ones that don't.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell lower back tattoo on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home