Monday, August 29, 2005

NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY AUGUST 29TH 2005

Had radiation treatment this morning only three more to go, I think????? First of all I will cover my appointment with radiation doctor today. I was given three new prescriptions for my throat. One increases saliva production to mouth. The other one acts as a lotion for my throat. The third is for pain. I have to use a straw to put this medicine down the back of my throat to numb my throat before I eat so I can swallow without pain. They said my throat will stay sore for about two weeks after treatment is over. So I have two weeks down, two to go. I thought sore throats were bad when they lasted 3 days. The news on losing my sense of taste is that it will come back in about 2 months after treatment. Great!!!! Two months of cardboard taste. That's something you don't think much about til its gone.

After that discussion things went downhill. She asked if I had thought anymore about the additional treatments to my back. I told her I talked to my cancer doctor and he said not to do them. She got this look on her face and I knew what was coming next. She said you need to have this done I reviewed your scans and I have no doubts, second thoughts, that this needs to be done. She is meeting with my doctor this afternoon. She said this is not fair to leave this decision up to you. I told her I felt like I was being put in a real hard spot and that as doctors they needed to get together and get on the same page. Will just see what happens, may have to seek a second opinion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there J...I finally visited this site! Looks really neat and read all of your entries. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Sorry to hear about your side effects, sore throats suck! Hang in there, we'll all party soon! PS-we all missed you and the girls at the big SH fair!
Lindsey

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home