Sunday, August 21, 2005

GOOD NEWS AUGUST 21ST 2005

Finally was able to talk to my cancer doctor about radiation treatment. He said I only need the treatments to my neck. So I will be done with everything on Sept 1. He was actually surprised they wanted to do radiation on my back. He said absolutely do not let them do it. Its kinda scary that there is a difference in opinion for treatment only a parking lot apart. He explained that is why he had me do chemo to take care of the rest of my body so they would not have to do radiation everywhere. The only spot that needs radiation according to him was the primary location where the cancer was found.

Im starting to notice more side effects from the radiation. Throat started getting sore on Saturday. Feels like there a lump in my throat and mouth is dry. Also very sensitive to the sun.
Also having some late side effects from Chemo. My toe and finger nails are changing colors growing weird. I did some research and sure enough they said about a month after chemo your nails will go through some weird stages and may even fall off. My big toe on my right foot is trying to do that I have to go to doctor to get it looked at. It is infected and I will just leave it at that.

Well this is all starting to come to an end. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Not sure what this hurdle in life was all about. Cancer is a scary word, but there is something about beating it. It really makes you a stronger person, but then again most hurdles in life do. I think I will take a break for a while and enjoy life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home