Thursday, August 18, 2005

RADIATION CONTINUES AUGUST 18TH 2005

Just completed my 7th radiation treatment to neck. It is a blast. Drive for 30 minutes lay on table for 2 minutes drive back home. The treatment itself is not bad they need to find a new method that does away with that mask. You can't feel anything while getting treatments. The machine makes a little noise and your done. You can or at least I can smell and taste the radiation. Its hard to explain and I'm not even sure if radiation has a taste or smell but there is something there. Im starting to notice a few side effects as treatments go on. Mainly feeling fatigued. Also have dry mouth and some upper chest discomfort. A little burning on the back of my neck. You can really feel the sun. I can't wait til this stuff is over. Its been quite an adventure. I have not decided on whether to have treatments to my back. I will have to discuss this with my cancer doctor some more. The less radiation you get the better. You just have to weigh the benefits of the radiation compared to chances of relapse. To be honest Im not sure they know what is best. If they did you would'nt think they would make me decide whether or not to have 17 more treatments. Have a good weekend.... Mallory and Avery are staying with me this weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

It's great that you have been able to keep such a positive outlook. I've been keeping up with your progress on the site. Hopefully I will see you again soon.

Jim Loughborough

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home