Tuesday, August 30, 2005

DOCTORS UNITE DECISION MADE!!!!!!!!!! AUGUST 30TH 2005

Well, I will get right to the point. I am not done with treatments this Thursday. I get a three week break then I am back to getting more radiation. Seventeen more treatments to my midsection. It is best explained as the area near your diaphram some where down inside there. The doctors had a meeting and discussed my options. After discussion they both decided I need the treatments. Im a little disappointed I was looking foward to feeling better. However, I agree that I need to do all I can to get rid of this cancer for good. Im lucky in so many ways so I won't complain. Hang in there an end is in sight.......

As far as my doctor saying do not let them do the additional radiation a few days ago, that has changed. There were some things on the scans that at first review where questionable. It has since been determined that I had a small, but significant cancer mass in my abdomen area in addition to area in my neck. It is located in a area that can succesfully be treated with radiation without causing harm to major organs so they are doing it. Its a secondary, be on the safe side, we dont want to fight this disease twice type of thing. Like I have heard so many times if you dont get this cancer the first time your chances of getting it licked the second time is much more difficult. I would still kick its ass the second time, but we wont have to worry about that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I am sorry I haven't been on in a while. That doesn't you aren't in my thoughts and prayers each day. I am sorry that you are gonna have to go thru more radiation then expected, but if it gets rid of this terrible monster. Then you can do it. You have made it this far with that Barker strong will and God will carry you the rest of the way thru. Well I'll let you go for now just wanted you too know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers. All Our Love Deborah & Family

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, great site, I found a lot of useful information here, thanks a lot for Your work!
With the best regards!
David

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home